Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Timesuck of the Day

An alternate title for this post might be "How Paste Magazine is beginning to redeem itself of a year of busy-redesign overkill and subpar content," because Paste is the creator of my new favorite time-killer, Obamicon.Me. Whoever came up with this is a GENIUS. Even if it is the dude who likes five different fonts in eight different colors on one page.

Pretty much everything looks cooler Obamiconned. Take me, for instance:

BEFORE: Nice headshot. Meh.


AFTER:
Pop art icon! Yeow!

Of course, making commemorative posters of myself was not the first thing I did with this exciting new procrastination tool. I tested it out on the family pets, starting with Emily's mischievous boys. (Note: The cat pictured in "RAAA" is actually named Bubba. Not Raaa.)




Leroy wins on inspiration, Bubba wins on ferocity, and Jake wins on just plain awesome. Here's one of my own docile Little Man. (I'm sure I can do better than this, but my iPhoto was taking its sweet time. It does have a sort of "Meet the Beatles" charm, though.)


The novelty wore off after an hour or two and I needed a break, but after a good night's sleep, I admit, I was back at it again. I'm still searching for the perfect shot of my Llama...

No comments: