Friday, November 21, 2008

Oh, beatitude!

Tonight is the first of two Atlanta Symphony Orchestra performances of Doctor Atomic, and I am SO excited. As I phrased it in an email intended to persuade my friends to come, I am Barack Obama excited about it. I have a feeling that in the wake of this concert series I might go into a bit of post-production withdrawal -- sort of like what happened in high school after a musical was over, only on a much more compressed time frame. I certainly won't miss rehearsing until 11 p.m. and beyond after a long day's work, but the sensation of being invested and immersed in a single work for such a long time (chorally speaking) is one I have not felt in a while. I've realized in these past months that I have missed that.

(photo from metopera.org)

No comments: