Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Family History

This afternoon I was perusing the dozens of Jezebel articles on my Google reader and clicked on this one about Roe v. Wade. The hypertext in the second sentence caught my eye immediately, but not because it was blue - because I know Marsha and David King, the other two plaintiffs in the landmark case. They're in Atlanta now, and they're the parents of one of my oldest friends.

That link took me to an interview with Marsha. Needless to say, my mind was boggled. In principle it doesn't surprise me in the slightest, but I certainly didn't expect to learn, while poking around on the Internet at work, that my friend's parents are a significant part of our country's history.

1 comment:

Brock said...

Whoa! That is crazy. And awesome. Thanks for posting.