Tuesday, September 25, 2007

This is a Public Service Announcement

Due to the overwhelming (and overwhelmingly negative) response to my most recent post regarding Bob Dylan's performance on Sept. 22, I've decided to do away with anonymous commenting on my blog.

I have no problem with disagreement. In fact, I welcome other opinions and am very interested in discussing thoughts contrary to my own -- I think we all can learn a lot that way. So let's talk, OK?

Henceforth, in the spirit of good sportsmanship and lively debate, you'll have to let me know who you are before you go insulting my intelligence or impugning my professional integrity. (You could also tell me I'm brilliant and that you wholeheartedly agree with me, but you'll still need to give Blogger your name.)

Thanks for reading!

(P.S. - I'm not sure how opining that Bob Dylan gave an unexpectedly not good performance and suggesting that he is perhaps past his prime makes me an Eagles or a Britney Spears fan, but, just for the record, I am neither of those things.)

2 comments:

Brock said...

Yikes! That was quite a collection of comments. Here to the internet and its power of anonymity.

Linda said...

Wow Kathleen, you sure know how to spark the controversy. I had quite an enjoyable time reading both your review and those comments. I went to a Dylan concert maybe 3 or 4 years ago and there were some good moments, but I would much rather listen to his albums than see him in concert. And about "Across the Universe," I am also debating whether to see it. I don't expect it to be good, but curiousity may get the better of me.