Thursday, August 30, 2007

Speaking of Waffle House...

It's that time of year again, folks. Yes, you guessed it: the second annual I Love Waffle House Essay Contest. You blog faithful will surely remember my poetic mastery of the 100-word essay for last year's competition, which was not only (wrongly) overlooked, but lost out to an (assuredly inferior) essay submission by my older sister. We weren't speaking for a while, but Emily and I buried the hatchet when she offered me her free waffle coupons.

But this year -- oh, this year! The powers that be have graciously increased the word count to 300 AND provided guidance for those parties so overwhelmed with love for WaHo that they simply wouldn't know where to begin. The topic? What is your favorite Waffle House song and why? The prize? Not just a WaHo prize pack, but a JACKET. This was made for me.

It will be mine. Oh yes! It will be mine.

6 comments:

Emily said...

Inferior? PSHAW. Some of us listen to the rules and don't try to be a rhyming brown-nose, hmm? Lucky for you I'm going to stay out of the running this year to give you at least some kind of a chance to place...

Brock said...

You're gonna own this contest.

...and I hope you remember that I believed in you once your glorious WaHo prize pack comes in...

Emily said...

And PS if you win I want some free waffle coupons back, you ho

Kara said...

I can only assume you're writing about "There Are Raisins in My Toast."

Kara said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jon Ross said...

I hate that song.