Monday, July 09, 2007

Getting to know me

My fellow Goldring graduate Raquel hit me with this meme via her blog, Electric Warrior. This provides a chance for you, dear readers, to gain a fuller understanding of what makes me tick, aside from things musical and taking pictures of my cat.

But first, THE RULES:

1. We have to post these rules before we give you the facts.
2. Players start with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
3. People who are tagged write their own blog about their eight things and post these rules.
4. At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.

So, here are eight of my deepest, darkest secrets. Kind of.

1. I collect spoons. Yes, the kitschy, touristy kind. If you are the type to buy presents for friends when traveling and consider me a friend worthy of gifting, let it be known that I am generally quite pleased to receive new additions to my collection.

2. I have a strange and somewhat inexplicable obsession with Waffle House restaurants. Stranger still is the fact that, for the first three years or so that I recall eating there with some regularity, I only ordered grilled cheese sandwiches. I distinctly remember being miffed that they didn't offer french fries to complement my anytime meal of grilled cheese and chocolate milk; just those hashbrown things. What was I thinking?

3. I met Bono once. We spoke briefly, and he put his arm around me. I have photographic evidence of this. (I also met the Edge and Adam Clayton. This makes me cool.)

4. I still hold the record for 7-and-under girls' 25-yard backstroke at the Brittany Club, my old neighborhood pool. I mean, 17 years and they still haven't broken my record? I am awesome.

5. My "friends" cast me as Tina Turner singing "Proud Mary" in the finale of my high school's Black History Month production in 2001, complete with orange wig, red fringe dress, and stage full of backup dancers. Unfortunately, I had no Ike -- and I certainly didn't have the legs for the job, either.

6. Although I fancy myself something of a photographer -- I was photo editor of my high school's enormous yearbook -- I don't know much about the manual operation of my Canon Rebel 2000, nor can I develop my own pictures.

7. I was a driver in John Edwards's motorcade in Atlanta the summer before the 2004 election. They gave me a Kerry/Edwards Atlanta staff badge and a secret service lapel clip and, unsurprisingly, assigned me to chauffeur the veterans.

8. I love circus peanuts.


There you have it. Because I don't know eight bloggers, or at least eight who haven't yet been named, here's my abbreviated list of who's next on the docket (apologies for any duplications):
Abby at People Say She's Crazy
Tricia at fshhh...
Brock at 214 Studios
Jon at Noise Forest
Dave at Sincere Syllables
Bob at The B-Zone

I'll be checking up on y'all...get to it!

No comments: