Saturday, November 04, 2006

Support local businesses...

because they sell things like this!

Yes, today's Picture of the Day features a cassette produced by the I (heart) NY tourism agency (much like Waffle House markets its in-house originals). Robin Schade, the "NEW YORK Troubadour," per the packaging, has recorded an album of "songs of New York state country people and work."

I mean, just look at the lineup here: "Knickerbocker Breakdown", "The Drink of Love (Here's to New York Wine)", "Farm and City - Together", "I love New York State Cheese", and who could forget that timeless ballad, "(Dairy of) Distinction." Holy buckets!

I was thisclose to purchasing this cassette (even though my car no longer has a tape deck - but my stereo does), until I saw that it cost an outrageous $10. But who knows, maybe the next time I'm out in Caz for another lunch date with Joan Vadeboncoeur, I just might give in to the power of the New York troubadour...

2 comments:

Raquel said...

OMG -- you must tell me what lunch with Goldring's favorite film reviewer/columnist was!

And that tape is awesome. 10 dollars is a small price to pay for a collection that has a song called "Knickerbocker Breakdown" on it.

Carl Yost said...

It's a tough call, but I think my favorite would have to be "I Love New York State Cheese."