Sunday, October 08, 2006

If you're gonna spew, spew into this

Ugh. I have just eaten half my body weight in candy corn. Why? Because I have no willpower. Silly me, thinking that if I bought a bag of conveniently portioned trick-or-treater baggies it would keep my apparently insatiable appetite for tongue-numbing sugar creations at bay...Not so.

Live and learn, right? Or so I hope...

Anyway, much to blog about, but the candy corn brick in my belly tells me it's time to throw the towel in on the day. So I'll just play a little catch-up and give you the pics o' the weekend, from the Lafayette Apple Festival. Yumm.

Festival workers give the apple fritter batter an enthusiastic thumbs-up (and a couple of quizzical looks to the camera) - the line for these things was forever long!






We opted instead for the somewhat shorter line at the barn next door - here we have the dumpling, what looked to be two preparations of pie (one more cobbler/crumble-like), the turnover, and the ├╝ber-tasty cider donut. I partook of the latter, and it was magically delicious.






Looking out over the fairgrounds...a lovely day!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are quite correct. Halloween does not have two w's. Looking at your pictures, I regret not sampling the dumplings.

LlamaP said...

It's like those 100-calorie packs of Goldfish et. al. Sometimes packaging is self-defeating.

abby j said...

baaaaaaked appppppply thiiiiings