Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Apple 911

It appears that my trusty MacBook has been stricken with an unidentifiable affliction. In the last few days, he's just given up and shut down, at random times and on multiple occasions. Lord knows I can identify - I've had the same inclination pretty frequently of late. Luckily for Mr. MacBook, though, the "geniuses" at Apple have invited him for some R&R in Geniusland, where he will, with luck, shed his narcoleptic tendencies - and while he's at it, he'll have a little cosmetic procedure done! In 7 to 10 business days, he'll be back, as good as new (and, I'm hoping, with all the data and programs with which he left intact). Or if not that, then at least the unsightly spots that have developed where the heels of my hands sit (sub-par plastic, they say) will be gone.

Anyway, this is my official signoff for the duration. Be sure to check back in a week or so for thoughts on the Great New York State Fair (this afternoon's activity, including a free concert by Joan Jett), my trip to Pittsburgh, and much, much more!

Over and out.

No comments: